Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Time Change

Sunday Morning had a plan. It was even a good one. We needed to leave for church by 8:30am. Mark was going to get up and feed Judah and give me a extra few minutes of sleep. Micah & Aslynn were going to be lifted right up out of bed and put in the van. Lots of time for getting dressed and eating breakfast at church when you have to be there 2 hours early. The plan was great. Unfortunately the execution went something like this.

- Mark gets up to feed Judah
- Mark comes into my room to wake me up.
- I fall back asleep for another 20 minutes.
- Mark comes in a panic because he just remembered the time change. It is now 8:50 instead of 7:50.
- Mark grabs his guitar and runs to Mom & Dad's house to use their truck.
- I am left with 45 minuted to get the other three children dressed and fed and out of the house so I can be at church by 10:00 to set things up.
- We are out of the house by 9:55.
- The kids eat breakfast in the van.
- Everything gets set up at church.
- Sunday school starts. Aslynn throws a temper tantrum because she does not want to go to the nursery. I leave her screaming in the corner and tell the people there that I will be back to check on her in 10 minutes. Micah & I head to his Sunday school room where he decides that he doesn't really want to be there either. Again I leave a not to impressed child in the classroom. At least this one wasn't crying.
- I head back to the gym and attempt to give Judah a cold bottle. He is not impressed and shows it by spitting most of the bottle out. Halfway through the singing I remember that although I had turned on the oven at home I had not put lunch in the oven. While not normally a problem today there are people coming for lunch and lunch should be cooked for them.
- Mark finishes worship and comes to sit by me. I hand Judah to him and explain that I have to go home and put lunch in the oven.
- As I'm heading out of the church one of the nursery workers catches me and explains that Aslynn has a dirty diaper. I grab Aslynn and take her with me.
- We drive home, casserole in the oven, snack in hand and head back to church.
- We arrive at the church as Mark is leading the closing song, Aslynn's diaper finally gets changed. Micah is picked up from Sunday school,(in a much better mood).
- Everything at church gets packed up and we head back home to serve a hopefully cooked lunch to our company.

I really dislike the time change. It does no good to me other than throwing my life into utter upheaval for a few days.

- Faith

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow... Faith!! Good job with the juggling! :)

The only good thing about the time change is that I no longer walk home in the dark...

Although, now I'm getting up in the dark again (meh.. six of one...)

Hope your week has gotten better! :)
Hugs,
Joy

L&D said...

Amen. Stupid time change.