Monday, February 4, 2008

Love Chocoate?

There was a ladies event at the church we attend on Friday night called, "Love Chocolate, Love Life". Anything with the name chocolate in it interests me so I went with some other ladies from here in town. The chocolate was great. Chocolate fountains, chocolate triffles, chocolate cheesecake, chocolate cookies, chocolate on cream puffs. (I'm sure you ge the picture) We had a great time stuffing our faces and filling our tummy's.
Once we were so full we could hardle move the speaker went up. Her name was Joanne Goodman and if you ever have the opportunity to hear her speak I highly recommend it. Her story is one of many tears and much sadness but told with a lot of humor and acceptance from a person who has lived and is still living with struggles on a daily basis. I have heard her speak before, but this time I heard with different ears. It seems like everything in our lives right now is heard different before. She spoke a lot about dealing with depression and leaning on the Lord through it all. It's a topic that speaks to me right now & it was good to hear from someone who has been trough so much about some of the things that helped her.
It was a good night. Good Chocolate, and uplifting testimony. What more do you need?

1 comment:

L&D said...

MMmmmmmmmmm. I *heart* chocolate too.