Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What?! Leap Year?! Isn't February Over Yet?

Where to begin? We've been telling you such fun stories, but really, is our life always this glamorous? (You will know the answer to this question either shortly or recall multiple episodes of The Crazy Life in the past regarding stolen vans and flour-covered miscreant children). I'll be glad to burst the "happy" bubble once again. This isn't to say we don't have joy in some of these situations, they just aren't the most desirable.

Take for instance 2 weeks ago, just after the weekend Judah and Faith drove out to help Joy & Brian move, half-froze, battled blizzards, and were delayed at the airport flying Air Canada because it was so cold. That was two weeks ago.

That Tuesday morning rolled around and I rolled out of bed to walk down a cold trailer hallway and discover that the furnace isn't working and I can't get it re-ignited. I called in SaskEnergy who were no help, and then a plumber. $140 later and the second new thermocouple in under 6 months, and we're starting to thaw out again. Faith and the kids stayed at someone else's house waiting for the trailer to regain a critical temperature. Oh, this was a class week, so I missed the first few minutes of class to take care of what I could before leaving.

Wednesday is a blizzard. Good thing Faith and the kids went shopping on Tuesday! Faith took Micah to school, two friends and their four kids to Moms and Tots, and came home to shovel out the driveway. In the 20 minutes it took to pick up Micah at school and return home, there was no driveway again. No tracks. Just snow. (I biked to school in this).

On Friday after I finished class, we went to Saskatoon to visit my parents and Luke & Lindy with baby Benjamin Levi, as well as Uncle Dan and Auntie Carol. We felt spoiled. Thanks Mom & Dad. We had a beautiful room and a great time with everyone. A baby shower and monster truck racing was just icing on the cake.

The next week felt pretty tame compared to last, but we were not to be outdone. I was getting homework done, kids were getting to school, and it was fairly chilly, but nothing extreme like the week before. I went to a movie with some of the guys, missed a playoff game for my hockey team, and forgot to pick up the babysitter from school. That Friday we babysat some friends' kids and had them over for supper following that (and got whooped at Settlers).

I'll tell you what happened Saturday - and Sunday for that matter - just let me catch my breath for a post...

No comments: