Monday, March 16, 2009

Last Game of the Year





Micah cried. Tears streamed down his face in the dressing room after his coach announced that this was their last game of the year. It was a valiant effort, a 5-3 loss against the Central Butte Flyers in their home arena. After the team overcame their timidity, it was anyone's game. They played their positions semi-well, they put in a good effort, and they changed up some of the positions during the game which really threw some of the younger players for a loop, but whatever they did wasn't enough to win the game. At home after the game Micah asked me, "Dad, why do we always lose?" I had no answer for him, and of course, he had a little tear trickle down once again.

Yes, he cried all the way through his lunch that consisted of hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, bananas, and cookies while we traveled the hour back from Central Butte. We sent all the kids to bed for naps afterwards because they had been up too late the night before (which didn't help Micah emotionally). And Judah smacking him over the head with a toy was no help at all. I caught some of the second period on video (not digital) so we can keep some memory of these times.

Micah's hockey has been good. It was something he could always look forward to here. Next year they plan on re-starting "real" minor hockey here. Micah would love to be here for that. Who knows? I still have a lot of homework and some classes to finish. It might still happen if God doesn't move us from here to the place he wants us to be. Whatever the case, pray for Micah that he will be able to play hockey wherever he is. All I know is, he definitely needs a new set of hockey pants and a new mouth guard...





(I have been rather frustrated with Blogger as of late, as well as the wireless systems at Briercrest, because it is almost impossible for them to communicate with each other, let alone my computer. And no, it's not a Mac / Microsoft issue.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey there micah. Corrin has his final game this weekend. It's tough to see hockey end but now you can spend more time riding your bike. Once the snow goes away that is. Mark & Faith we have an extra pair of hockey pants they aren't new but they might fit him next year. Love you lots. I will phone you back faith I promise.