You know how to make a spectacle.
She was with a girl next door, Eden. They were out in the beautiful sunshine, enjoying their newly rediscovered outside toys. They found our big red wagon in the yard and decided that they would take it for a spin on the road. Aslynn is more the adventurous type: before Eden started to pull the wagon, Aslynn chose to stand for her ride. Well, Aslynn's wagon-surfing episode ended the way many do - short-lived.
Eden jerked the wagon forward and Aslynn fell backward. Her heels caught the edge and her head met the gravel with a thud. As Eden enthusiastically yanked, the heels of Aslynn's shoes remained locked firmly to the ledge; I don't know how far they made it, but I'm not sure how conscious Aslynn was through it all. Besides, you can barely hear someone scream over the road noise the plastic tires produce...
When the ride stopped, Aslynn got up and in tears ran to the house. Judah promptly took her place in the wagon, not to be outdone by his sister. Eden knocked him flat on his duff as well, but he didn't end up suffering from the same fate as his sister. He got down and came in as well.
Meanwhile, Aslynn is crying about her headache. I don't blame her. Faith held her for awhile, and after a time Aslynn asked if her back was red. Faith looked, and this is what she saw:
Poor girl. Faith washed it out and applied bandages to the wounds. She forgot about the headache for awhile. The next morning she was a little sick to her stomach, but I had not heard all the details of what had transpired, and Aslynn was very reluctant to show me her back and would not let anyone touch her head. That morning I was able to brush her hair and felt the goose egg she had and called Faith over immediately. Goose egg. Really. Big one. She couldn't sleep on her back, nor on the back of her head the previous night.
I don't think she'll be "drag" racing any time soon...
- Mark
No comments:
Post a Comment