2 1/2 years ago. That's how long it's been since we started working on this last adoption. Last year at this time I thought it would be fun for a baby to show up for Mark's grad in April. I knew it wouldn't happen, but it would have been fun. I never imagined that we would still be waiting this year. In the last year between then and now we have had 11 friends and family members have babies. 11. I'm tired, and frustrated, and have a hard time understanding what God is waiting for. Then I look at our schedule coming up and I see Mark getting busier and busier as he begins preparations for the youth group to go to Peru this summer. Honestly I wish that this would just happen so that this season of waiting would be over and we could continue on with life. I hate the limbo. How do you plan around that??
In the meantime we have some people who like to ask us why on earth we would 'start over' again with the baby stage. We have a four year old. All of our kids are potty trained, can feed themselves, dress themselves, and pretty much sleep through the night. Some people think we are crazy just to consider another baby.
I think we've pretty much proved that when we named this blog.
I think we have a different view of life that a lot of other people. We are choosing to have more children. Does that make our life easier? No. Does it mean our kids can't have everything? Yes. We are choosing a vastly different lifestyle than those around us. We don't take exotic vacations every year, we budget carefully when we grocery shop, our kids can't do every activity they desire, we don't own the nicest vehicles, clothes, furniture. We sacrifice to make our family work, and we do it on a smaller budget. What Mark makes at the church is great, but we know it's not close to what some other people make.
Yet...
We are happy. We love our little crazy life. We love our kids. None of them have showed up when we have wanted, or the way we wanted, and we won't talk about the size of loan we've accumulated while we accumulate children. They've all been a crazy and great blessing. Our lifestyle is different. Sometimes I think that everyone else is missing out. Our family isn't easy, but it's great. There's nothing like looking around at my buzzing household and visibly seeing how God has blessed us. I can't wait to do it again. I'm looking forward to adding to this life. I want it to happen soon.
I don't know if I'm doing a great job at describing this. But I was reading another blog today of a lady who has 5 girls. (two sets of twins) She is pregnant with her 6th child - a boy. And she did a great job of describing what being a mother is. Check her out if you have time. I loved this post and thought that it described perfectly what I am talking about.
1 comment:
I love what you said here! People thought we were crazy too, when we said yes to our youngest. I mean four in five years "ARE YOU NUTS?" um....if you didn't know that about us already..."YES!" LOL. I wish we could adopt more, in some ways, because I love the thought of a big family. I also am pretty sure God is telling us that this is it. And I am happy with my four. So blessed.
And by the way...I didn't know you were in the process again and want to say "YAHOOOOO!!"" I am so happy for you! This is your "labor" and I know it's really tough to wait. We waited three yrs for Josh and it almost did me in. Your baby will come. I look forward to seeing your news when you do receive your newest blessing. I will be praying for you all.
And about timing...we had quite a few of ours arrive when timing looked off, but they came at the exact right time.
Post a Comment