Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Life is Full

Today was a great day for me. It didn't seem like I got a lot accomplished when you think in terms of work, but I wouldn't have changed a moment of it.

Micah has been working on a project at school for innovation week and needed a ride to school so he could return some of the parts he had been taking home without having to lug them too far. More on that later. I was able to provide what he needed.

Today was also Judah's kindergarten graduation / celebration. They didn't don the caps and gowns like I did at that age, but they did put on a performance. Judah did a fantastic job. He stood there, smiling away. He did all of the actions, sang most of the words and made us proud. He later took us to his classroom to show us all of the stuff he had been working on throughout the year. He was so eager to show us everything! And his teacher cried at the end of the day. I mean, he had a super fantastic yet challenging class. They said that this class had the most personality in it of all the kindergarten classes this year. I would agree (we had some of those boys at Judah's birthday party earlier).























After the ceremony and showing off, I left Judah's class for a different school - Micah's. They needed help on their week-long-turned-into-three-day project. His team had chosen to take apart a 6-speed bicycle and re-assemble it after giving it a custom paint job. Well, today was the last day and the paint wasn't wet any more, but the bike was yet to be reassembled. They had no drawings, no diagrams, no pictures, little organization or order, and a box full of parts. Yay. I came in as their 'expert' to try and piece things back together. There were a few trial and error moments, but we actually had the bike reassembled with 5 out of 6 gears shifting (miracle) until I went to tighten the final screw and SNAP! It broke in two. It was in such an awkward place that we'd have to take half of the rear assembly apart unless I actually come up with something ingenious. We'll see. I'm not a total loss. They really did most of the work and should be proud of what they did. And their teacher, Bruce Wayne, complimented them on their work ethic and ability to ask for help when they are out of their depth. They get to present this tomorrow, after Slurpees on the teacher, of course. It makes me wonder if there will a Glee moment where someone will get slushied?

 



No comments: