Monday, December 18, 2006

OCC

Operation Christmas Child. My other life during the Christmas season. A little to much other life if you ask me. Way back in September when I was phoned and asked if I wanted to work I was not nearly so busy. So like an idiot I said yes I'll work, in fact I'll work six days a week. Yes I said SIX days a week. It can't be that bad I thought I did it last year, It's only three weeks anyways. Well the three weeks started a week later this year and by the time they were done it was already December 9th. I was feeling a little bit pressured during this third week. The Christmas shopping was not done, the church bullitan had sucked for the last three Sunday's, the powerpoint for Sunday morning was being done much to late, there was very little fun Christmas baking in my freezer, and the Christmas cards were not looking like they were being mailed any time soon. Well after the third week of this you can only imagine how happy I was to hear that they were extending my time into a fourth week because we were so far behind in the shoe box processing. Well my fourth week is over now. I can honestly say I love the job while I am there, but it has been made very clear to me why this Mommy and Pastor's wife does not work full time. In the meantime though, we from Calgary and the Western provinces have shipped over 330 000 shoeboxes to children in South America. It feels good to be part of something that big that is going to affect that many lives.
Faith

No comments: