Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Bible-School Reminiscing

We had friends from Bible School days over for supper and the evening tonight and eventually ended up pulling out our yearbooks to look through. This is always a fun sport. We try to decide who we still know, what they are doing, whether they are married and to whom if they are, and how many children they have. A new discussion added this year was who was separated or divorced. I always still think that this will never happen to Bible School friends and yet it does. Not the most fun topic, I tell you. We did get to talk about Joy though and how much fun it has been to find her and renew our friendship with her again. Thank goodness for blogger, eh Joy? :)

I've had a bit of a weird day emotion wise. I'm a bit down about myself and hope to wake up in a better mood tomorrow. I knew as soon as I got up this morning that I didn't have enough sleep and should have just stayed in bed.

I am anxious for the baby to come today. I can't wait to hold it and make it mine. Oh sure, we've named it and love it now, but I am looking forward to it being mine. I'm actually looking forward to being up at night, and early in the morning. This time is all mine and I'm hoping to start a better devotional time before the kids wake up. I have not been taking the time I should have lately and want to be better at this. Maybe it would help down days like today go a bit better. There are so many things that I would like to be doing with myself and am hoping to schedule me a bit better to help some of these things happen.

Tonight I'm missing a little bit of those college days when life seemed new and big and exciting and there were a lot of people around to see, and not too many responsibilities. What a precious time and we had such wonderful people to spend it with. We love you all.

Anyways, I think I'll go make some popcorn and watch CSI and relax and try to not mope around.

- Faith

1 comment:

{ as we know it } said...

We can't wait for your new baby to come either! We are just so thrilled for you all...a new addition to the Siebert's! Yay!