Sunday, July 8, 2007

Well all I can say is that I'm glad that week is over now. I would have posted during the week, but was so sleep deprived that coherent thoughts were just not happening.
With Mark gone for the week I decided to fill the days with all kinds of fun events. This was both to distract the kids and tire them out so they would sleep good at night. We spent a day at the Zoo, went to our favorite splash park with friends, spent the afternoon one day at Auntie Joy's house, and got up very early two mornings for Stampede events.
Well the distracting of the kids worked fine, so did the tiring them out. Unfortunately with daddy gone the kids decided not to go to sleep at night, or at nap. After the first three days of almost non existent naps and three kids up until past 11:00, (Aslynn was awake until 1:00am one day), I decided serious sleep help was needed. So on Thursday night I pulled out the children's Tylenol. Yes, I drugged mt children. You see it was very important they sleep that night because we had to be awake by 6:00am to go downtown for the Stampede Parade. Well the medicine worked and for the first time all week the kids were asleep by 9:00. I was soo excited. Until 3:30am when Judah woke up, 4:00 when Aslynn woke up, and 5:00 when Micah was awake. Well at least we left for the parade on time.
The parade was awesome this year. I wish I had pictures of the kids for you, but Mark had the camera. Micah's favorite part are the bands, and the horses, and the floats, well actually it is all his favorite. Aslynn enjoyed the horses, and the princess. Judah liked sitting on Grandpa's knee. being cuddled, and eating his bottle. As early as the morning is, and as much work as it is too get downtown, I think it is all worth it just to see the expression on the kids face. (It seemed to have finally tired the kids out as well as they both fell asleep by 9:00 that night and had a 2 hour nap in the afternoon)
Saturday morning I needed one more event to distract the kids before daddy came home in the afternoon. So we went to a Stampede pancake breakfast. The kids rode ponies, pet the big horses, pretended to rope a fake cow, talked to Harry the Horse, got face painting done, watched a marching band perform, and ate pancakes and sausage. And all this for FREE. I love the week of Stampede.
On Saturday afternoon we headed for the airport to get daddy. Yeah he's home!! Our next week will be full of all kinds of fun events so we will keep you up to date and get some pictures as well.
-Faith

No comments: