Friday, November 2, 2007

Hockey Night in Caronport

Micah has now been on skates for the second time this year. Last year doesn't count because he couldn't stay up and got mad at me every time we went. The first time out this year, I was on the ice with him for the first 10 minutes. I quit. I left him there crying and yelling at me not to leave and to get him off of the ice. (I didn't tell Faith that part of the story...)

Minutes later, (with some coaching aid) Micah is going from goal line to face off circle, circle to blue line, blue line to boards, and then kneeling down with the rest of the team. He fell frequently and couldn't get back up without major lifting, but did not bad for his first time out. He came off the ice humbly excited and asked when he could go to hockey next.

This week he learned how to get back up all by himself. He followed the action around the ice and I think he even made it the full length of the ice surface without falling on his tush! Faith came out to observe and was duly impressed. One issue he has is getting distracted by the other players. (He has the same problem when he rides his bike.) One player in particular always catches his attention.

"Hi Alex!" he waves as his feet swoosh out from under him along with his pride. Alex is a beautiful little blonde girl with pigtails in Grade 1. There's no question Micah is in 'like' with her. He's a shameless flirt. The two of them are the youngest ones on the ice. Twice the distraction with her around, I tell you!

Here are some pictures...






- Mark

2 comments:

that's us... said...

way to go micah! in no time he'll be able to use his hockey skills to impress girls left right and centre!!! :)

{ as we know it } said...

what a trooper ...
and who can blame a man for falling for a blonde haired girl?:)