This is a picture of Micah making one of his two big plays. He intercepted a pass in front of our goal.
Here's Micah after he took out one of the other team's players.
Micah following a face-off in the Red Wings' zone.
And life in the dressing room. Beside Micah were the two goal scorers for our team. I think one of they are both 8 years old. One of them wore Micah's number (5) because the jersey was too big on Micah. Micah wore 9 this time. He wanted 5 because that's how old he is. We had a good laugh over that one day. I got some video of the whole thing too, but it would take forever to upload those 20 seconds on dial-up. Besides, it's just Micah skating to meet his team at the end of the game.
We were actually wondering if they were going to play him at all. He stood and watched for the first 10 minutes of the game. I then started wondering if he was too chicken to get on the ice with those big kids. Then his little friend Alex went out for a shift (who Micah flirts with shamelessly on and off the ice - she's a six-year-old blondie, so apparently he's into older women). I wonder if seeing her out there gave him the courage to go for it? Anyhow, it was cute.
The whole family was out, and we actually remembered to bring gloves, snowpants, blankets, etc., and they actually turned on the heater for the spectators. Things get done with the big boss man around (minor hockey president, team manager, seriously rich dude who is in charge of lots of hockey in Moose Jaw). He bought corn dogs and hot chocolate for the whole team after the game. Faith and I know how much that costs, because we ran the concession last Thursday while the kids got babysat. Great date night, huh?
It was fun listening to Aslynn shouting "Go Cougars!" We'll let you know when the next game is so you can come out to this wind-blown, forsaken land and join us!
- Mark
2 comments:
Micah,
I love your hockey pictures!! It looks like you had fun.
Love Aunty Joy
Aren't first hockey games hilarious? I'm so glad Micah's enjoying it. They look so funny in all their hockey equipment, eh!
Post a Comment