We arrived home on Saturday evening around 9:00 PM, took the kids to the Husky gas bar so they could get washed up and ready for bed, and entered our waterless abode. We forgot to bring water with us from Calgary like we had planned, so there was nothing but the milk we brought with us from there. We put the kids to bed, I emptied the van of it's contents that had sustained us for the week, and I threw on my coveralls, boots, and grabbed my tools.
While we were in Calgary, my friend Sheldon gave me some advice. It's always good to talk to a real plumber when you're treading water. I followed one of his suggestions and got myself a high-pressure water line to replace the old one that was defective instead of repairing it. I don't want to be under the trailer any more than I must.
So, after 1/2 an hour of tinkering, I removed the old line and put in the new one without getting hosed or soaked. I turned on the water and -- voila! Water! Better pressure than we've had since we purchased the trailer! And no more leaks, spurts, fountains, or geysers!
I spent another hour cleaning and reapplying the heating tape and left the rest for Sunday. After church, I spent another two hours replacing the insulation and poly around the new hose to ensure that no freezing would happen. It was weird not to hear any water running during the night. We slept rather well.
In the morning when I went to turn on the cold water -- it was warm -- then hot -- and I started thinking to myself, "Did I hook my sink up wrong? Are the taps opposite of what they should be?" So I looked under the sink. All good. Then I checked the water again. Hot -- then cold. Apparently the heating tape and insulation work really good...
-Mark
No comments:
Post a Comment