So, I changed clothes and washed up efficiently enough that we got back out the door moments later and to the clinic with 5 minutes to spare before closing time. We were the only people in the waiting room, were in the actual office and seeing a doctor within another 5 minutes, and out the door in another 5 minutes. In this time, Aslynn managed to ask the doctor why he had no hair. The doctor responded with, "It's not there? Where did it go?!" and explained to her that it was shaved because it is so curly. "Like Micah's," she added. We had to translate a few times for the foreign doctor. It's not easy speaking Aslynnese; it's even harder to explain our family to people in under a minute.
Anyhow, we got forms for the x-ray clinic and got there as quickly as legally possible. The doctor didn't really rule anything out, but was doubtful that it was broken. One can never be too sure. We were at the x-ray clinic in moments and were ushered in shortly thereafter. People don't like to see children in pain I guess. Aslynn charmed the x-ray technician and behaved like a perfect angel. She did exactly what she was told and laid more still than I have ever seen her. It was a miracle. And after the "pictures" were taken, we got to see them and get a sticker. Little miss charm got three whole Disney Princess stickers and a lot of smiles.
Personally, I was looking at the damage in the office (being that I'm into construction and I was the last person in that office doing any sort of work to it). There was water damage up and down the halls from all the rain and a bunch of my hard work was down the tubes. Oh well. I really don't care that much. It was just weird to see. Oh dear. Rabbit-trail. Okay, I'm back now...
From the time we left the house to the time we returned was right around one hour. In that hour we saw a doctor, went elsewhere to get x-rays, and even had time to chit-chat! Who would've thought it was possible? I guess when you avoid the Emergency Room, good things can happen! Although, the last few times we've been to the ER, things have been rather speedy there too. Maybe that's because of the obvious blood seepage from the bandages and the overall cute-ness factor. Whatever. I'm satisfied.
And nothing was broken. Nice x-ray. Very nice. Just a huge purple bruise and a mild limp occasionally. She milked it a bit shortly after it happened, but Little Miss Drama Queen hasn't said too much about the foot. No medication even! (Though we've considered drugging her before to shut her up and get her to sleep - don't report us just yet, we haven't done that as far as I can remember... yet).
- Mark
No comments:
Post a Comment