Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Cake

I had the opportunity this weekend to
make a birthday cake for a friend of mine.
She confessed to us that she had never had
a birthday party before and we decided that
we needed to fix that problem. Four of us
couples and kids got together at another
friends house. She mad the meal & I got to
do the cake. Amie is into knitting and I
wanted to find a cake that would fit that
for her. I found this cake online and decided
to copy it. I don't do the fondent icing thing.
It's to expensive for one, and also even if it
was affordable you can't buy it in Moose Jaw.
I needed to improvise.

The colors really aren't the best but they are all I had. It works. Here is my version.






















5 comments:

that's us... said...

i love the cake! what a great job! (i'm guessing this is a faith post, if not i'm even more impressed mark!)

Anonymous said...

That cake is fantastic! What did you use to make the basket/bowl part? It's almost sad to cut and eat something that looks that amazing!
On a side note, that guy in your picture is Andrew's cousin Kevin - really, really small world!

Dawn and Dale said...

AWESOME!!! WOW!! That must have taken forever to ice!!

It's beautiful!!!

I bet you were sad to see it get cut into after all that work!! lol

L&D said...

That cake is freakin' amazing! Hey, anytime you wanna make me one, just let me know.

Sarah said...

That's a great cake!! I thought the basket was a real basket! Incredible! You win the cake decorating contest this year!