Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bale Jumping

MY APOLOGIES TO THOSE OF US WHO USE DIAL-UP. Wait a second, we don't even have that at home right now! There are a ton of pictures here, big ones, so be patient. This is more of a photo essay. I'll leave the occasional comment here or there, but generally the pictures speak for themselves.




Aslynn knew that if she tried jumping where the bigger boys did, she'd end up on the ground eating hay and dirt. On the other hand, Shayla was fearless and with a lot of help the feather-weight 'jumped' and didn't want to stop.





Hey look! It's HANCOCK! Crazy guy... thinks he can fly and look cool at the same time. I hope Micah learns one day that he isn't indestructible. But he can fly... but no capes! Thanks Edna.



........................On the other hand, some of us weren't exactly exerting quite so much energy.........................
































I love this last set of photos. Noah makes a graceful jump and landing on the far bale, but Micah bit off more than he could chew with the angle he 'flies' in at. He's just a little crazy. He gets it from me.




These pictures bring back a lot of memories from childhood like jumping out of barns or losing my glasses while playing tackle tag on the bales in the dark at a friend's house. That wasn't so smart. But it was fun! And itchy. I can't imagine how Micah did it shirtless in shorts! We bathed the kids that night and the next.

- Mark

No comments: