
Someone once told me that the day that the United States gets a black president will be the day that pigs fly.
Well, after 100 days with President Obama in office... Swine Flu!
Faith's dad laid this one on us, and I thought it had merit. I do not want to minimize the significance of the president's office or the suffering of those who have experienced the pain of loss associated with the virus. But funny is funny.

On a more personal note, Faith and I were discussing plans for our 10th Anniversary last night. We figured it wouldn't be wise to max out the credit cards when I have no secured job prospects and I'm still spending money on school. So - we jokingly opened our atlas of North America and flipped through the pages blindly and stuck our fingers in the pages. Of the four attempts, we ended up in Saskatchewan twice. We decided we should quit trying after my finger ended up in Washington State pointing to Cape Disappointment. We laughed so hard. I think God knew we needed a good laugh.
- Mark
1 comment:
This is really quite funny!
I have to say though that Lisa and I have been to Cape Disappointment and it is NOT disappointing at all. It is absolutely beautiful there!
Post a Comment