Wow! Getting off of that plane and walking into winter was a bit of a bite! I can't imagine how Faith's parents felt coming in from Hawaii to sub-zero temperatures. I think they went from 25ºC to -10ºC and we went from about 6ºC to -25ºC. Brrrr! Those were the daytime high's for each place. After about a week of below -30ºC here (up to -50ºC windchills), we're ready for the temperature to rise. It's supposed to be near 0ºC tomorrow which we are grateful for, except we really aren't looking forward to the melting part of it all. We're travelling north soon and don't want there to be any ice! We're heading to Whitecourt on Saturday and spending the night with the Puddicombes on our way through to La Glace. That should be fun.
In the mean time, we got a little bit more snow yesterday. I plan on piling it up around the sides of our trailer for added insulation. Seriously. I'm not kidding. We have friends from here moving to Mexico this weekend, so Faith is going over to help clean this afternoon. That will be a drastic change in degrees for them too!
Micah had his hockey party last night. The parents played against the kids, and of course we let them win. It was a lot of fun. Both Micah and I scored goals. In fact, he almost had two. Parents were commenting on his speed as he blew by some of the moms playing defense. We got home around 9PM and then had to shower and such after all that. The night before we had a potluck with our seminary small group and stayed up later that night as well. The kids are a little sleep deprived, but at least they don't have cabin fever! We have been making decorations, cards, and many other things, and we need to wrap gifts since tomorrow night is our immediate family's Christmas where we sip eggnogg, open gifts, go to Micah's and Aslynn's school Christmas programs, and have a good time while doing all of this.
FYI, we're gone from Caronport from the December 18th to January 4th approximately. I think we're going to play things by ear, but this is the plan so far. If you want to get together while we're around, let us know! We'll try to arrange something. We would like to be somewhere to watch the Survivor finale on Sunday too - any parties happening in the G.P. region? We're looking forward to seeing you all. AND PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO ACCESS OUR BLOG AFTER CHRISTMAS SINCE WE'RE GOING PRIVATE WITH IT! Thanks to all of you who have done so already.
Well, I'm going home so I can get more reading done for my final assignment. (YAY!).
- Mark
No comments:
Post a Comment