Monday, February 1, 2010

Winter Storm

I could have sworn it was a blizzard, but I'm no expert...

The time lapse between these photos is 24 hours each. As you can see, there are no tracks in the yard and I did not move the hockey net. It is buried under many feet of snow that is far above my head. 

Micah was supposed to play five hockey games in the span of eight days. He ended up playing only one. This was last weekend when Faith's parents were in the area. Len only showed up Monday morning at around 7 AM from Pambrun where he had been attending Millar College of the Bible's missions conference. Everyone there was snowed in. They billeted everyone who had come into town from Swift Current for two nights and fed them all because the roads were closed until Monday at 9 AM. When Len actually did arrive, he got stuck at the Caronport corner, shovelled himself out with a snow brush, and drove to Moose Jaw to use the overpass so he could cross the highway. We drove into Moose Jaw that Monday morning and thought the roads weren't that bad, but we didn't dare drive into the residential sections of Moose Jaw.

















The crews here in Caronport did an outstanding job of snow removal, even with cars buried all over the roads in town. Our small group helped dig out about four driveways besides our own. On the left, you can see the one that was the same length as our trailer where the drift was over our heads in places. On the right is the people across the road from this house. The snow was just incredible. I think we were privileged to experience this. It has been a long time since I've seen this much snow. And because people got scared and stayed of the roads, there were very few accidents...

- Mark

No comments: