Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Recent Judah Quotes

This part may not sound funny. And it makes us feel like the 'weird people' everyone warns you about. We've made a few changes to our diet. We've not been eating food with dyes for the time being, so we've had to keep tabs on what our kids are eating - both at home and away from home. You'd be surprised what you find colour in and how it can affect the kids, or us, but Judah especially. Certain ones are major triggers, others we aren't sure if they actually do anything. But we've noted a significant difference with certain things, and when we heard that snack at church was going to be goldfish and blue Jell-o, the warning lights went off and we substituted a snack for Judah.

He was sitting with Dana, our Children's Ministry Director, who was trying to shield him from seeing  what all of the other kids were eating. It's hard to get anything past Judah. He was happily eating his granola bar when he noticed kids having fun by dipping their fish in and out the blue watery Jell-o. The tears welled up in his eyes as he mourned,

"I'm sad. Jell-o is my favorite treasure." Dana had a hard time not handing him the Jell-o at this point.

----------

The other day Judah walked up to me just beaming.

"Daddy! I can pull out a rib!"

"What?"

"I did it. So did Maddie" (the neighbour girl).

"How did you do that?"

"It was a tree rib. I pulled it out with my hands..."

"Wow."

"Yeah, right out of the ground."

"Do you mean roots?"

"Ribs - I think - maybe roots. I pulled a rib out."

----------

Tonight when we asked him what he wanted for supper Judah told us,

"I want pizza, like from sellers."

Personally, I heard "I want pizza, like from Zellers."

He had to correct me later because I was saying it wrong. "No, like from where you get the crazy bread that you dip - you know, from sellers."

It's been difficult to keep a straight face lately with some of the stuff that comes out of that kid's mouth.

----------

"Micah, I'm so proud of you for working at the Highway Clean-up." That was a precious one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's so wonderful!!
What is pizza from sellers that you can dip???