Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 14 - Scandia and Gyro Beach

We got up this morning to visit with Grandma Siebert before heading out to Scandia to play mini-golf. I have a few fond memories for the place my great uncle Frank built. Faith and I were here while on tour with her dad while on the EV drama team. My family came every time we were in town. When we paid, however, I realized that we had some kind of deal going before or the prices used to be more reasonable. Over $40 for our family to go 18 holes. Happy feelings gone. (They did return while we were on the course somewhere along the way.)





















We joined Grandma at noon for roll kuchen and watermelon back at her place. So good. Since she had talked to Blocks this morning, we had in mind that we would meet up at Gyro Park along Lake Okanagan's shoreline. We may have all been there, but after looking a number of times we never saw one another. I have a line on where they'll be tomorrow, so that this won't happen again. The kids still had fun. There were zip-lines on sand and water, water fights, friends made with total strangers, and a temperature perfect for swimming. It was almost too hot to stay on the beach and almost too cool to stay in the water. We left when Aslynn hurt herself slipping up sandy wooden stairs. It was not pretty.

















Soup and buns were on for supper when we arrived back at Grandma's place. We played some Skip-Bo with everyone, sent Judah to bed early, and looked at the gardening happening around Grandma's building. We saw Zucchinis, a rabbit, and quail running around. What new sights and experiences will we find tomorrow in this 30 degree weather?
















- Mark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have two comments on this one!
1. I agree - Scandia is fun and expensive!!
2. You only saw ONE rabbit?! Kelowna is overrun with them...

Carmen said...

I think we did have a deal - Uncle Frank helped build it so we would always get in cheap because we were family (a little far-flung, but family nonetheless.).