Thursday, September 27, 2012

Penelope

I was going to do another post telling you more about the eating program we are trying with our family. However supper time tonight was just too amusing not to write it down somewhere. I wanted to try our new ice cream maker today. So we were eating banana splits for supper. Without strawberries, of course. Banana's, homemade ice cream, homemade marshmallows, crushed pineapple, and homemade chocolate sauce. It might be a bit of prep... but it works and we can still have many of the things we love.

Anyway, while we were eating our ice cream, Judah was trying to ask me if we could still have Penelope. We were trying to decide who Penelope was, so we pressed him on it. He explained that Penelope was that ice cream with chocolate and vanilla and strawberry. While trying not to laugh I assured him that I could try and figure out how to make 'Penelope' ice cream. Neapolitan. No one could have predicted the next statement:

"Penelope means you're nice and fat; that's what Mrs. Neider says."

Unfortunately, this statement came after I had just put a bite of ice cream in my mouth. After almost choking I couldn't help but laugh. Until Judah decided that it wasn't nice of us to laugh at him.



P.S. - When we were in high school we made up this invisible world. Mark had a maid in the world and for some reason her name was Penelope. I decided tonight that if I had known that Penelope meant 'fat' that I would not have been as jealous of her. I guess we'd have to ask Bernie Walters to find out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember Bernie Walters!!
If the house hold was not sleeping I would be laughing...hard and loud!!