Judah had a great pirate birthday! We sent out invitations to school on the sails of little paper ships telling seven little boys to join us at Judah's pirate hideout. We were shocked when all of them responded. We were even more shocked that they all said yes. I'm not sure if we were happy or not considering the prospect of having seven five and six year olds invade our home. And invade they did!
A great pirate galleon sailing toward some chocolate booty!
Crocodiles! Snakes! Parrots! Coconuts! And - a banana weilding monkey? Those pirates had better be careful!
So the kids came in and we let them play for a bit before serving them some hotdogs and veggies. Each hotdog had a sail, which the kids thought were pretty cool. We then had to label all of the sails with the kids' names so they could bring them home with them.
After lunch, gave each one of the pirates a red sash and we played pin the X on the spot where the treasure is buried. They really seemed to like that too. Aslynn nailed it, and Judah wasn't too far off either. Some of the other kids we had to redirect so they were still going towards the board...
Following their little escapades, we presented each of the little pirates with an eyepatch. Then they proceeded to lock me in prison and beat me up until I told them I would direct them to where I had hidden my treasure. But first we had to open gifts. Most of what Judah got was superhero stuff, which he doesn't really care for. He liked the Bumblebee transformer he got, and the family games - Ditti Dotter and Angry Birds.
Finally I revealed where I had buried my treasure (their loot bags). I spun tales of glowing slugs, the town of Squinkie, and the island of KitKat. They all seemed to have a lot of fun. One of the boys came dressed in his Halloween costume from last year because he was a pirate, so I thought I should dress as a scurvy nave and join him. Then Judah donned Micah's pirate garb and we three looked like a fearsome crew! It was a lot of fun. And we were exhausted when they all left.
3 comments:
This looks like fun!!
The cakes are wonderful!
Good job!
Joy
That looks like a fun time! Faith, can you give me the link to your Feingold diet blog again. I seem to not have saved it. You had a lot of good info on it.
Send it to peppy@mcsnet.ca
Post a Comment