Tuesday, October 26, 2010

House Pictures

This is our living room with our beautiful used furniture we got for a bargain. The paint is new on the one wall, and we wonder if we should have done the others. The patches on the walls didn't all get sanded when the former owners touched things up, so it's a little streaky in places. But overall I like the colours (especially since we've added our own homey touches to the place. We think that the fireplace seems a little drab compared to the rest of the room so we are going to get a friend who worked at Walls Alive to give us a hand.
This is the bathroom on the second floor that we plan on turning into a Coca-Cola bathroom. What does that mean? Those of you who know me already know the answer to this. Those who don't don't read this blog. But do we paint the wainscotting red or the walls? What will make the decor stand out best? Advice please. And just think of how the fixtures and cabinets might stand out surrounded by a luscious Coca-Cola red...

And then there's the kitchen.


One day the cabinets may change - the countertops certainly will. Sometime. In the future. A fair distance. But there are some awesome things about the kitchen. Stainless steel appliances. A mounted microwave that acts as a hoodfan. A ceramic topped stove and convection oven. And a DISHWASHER. I mean, it died and almost burned the house down, but now that I've fixed it, it's wicked awesome! The table still fits when we move the island the right direction. I'm sure I'll post some other pictures another time of the kids' rooms (and our own), as well as the basement and main bathroom.

Did I mention that Faith believes I prayed the light dead so we could replace it with something far more beautiful? Well, it died. The ballasts for the fluorescent light had burned out and leaked all over the fixture. Of course, the brand new light bulbs that had burned out tipped me off that I should open it up to look at it. That was after I had removed the ugly box and panelling that hid it so neatly. Yeah, it's in the backyard now getting ready to go to the dump along with the boxes for the new one that you see in the photograph.

We like it. And we've had a lot of people who have visited us now that we live much closer. Thanksgiving brought both sets of our parents, Joy and her kids, Chad & Christalee, Clayton & Tamara, and we went almost six days straight with people visiting and staying overnight. We love you all, but please don't all come at the same time next time. Not that I know what it feels like to be on drugs, but we had been missing you all for so long, then binged on your presence, and got hit hard by exhaustion and so were getting the shakes and headaches from withdrawal. And we have cravings for some of our friends in C-port, Calgary, and our other siblings. But we'll get our fix soon, I'm sure of it.

1 comment:

Marcy Payne said...

I LOVE your house, as far as I can see it. I absolutely love the livingroom and the colors and the ceiling. Oh very nice!