Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Random life pictures

Thought that I would share some pictures of the fun things we have been doing around here latley. A few weeks ago the youth group from the church did a Mall Hunt. So Mark gets volunteers to dress up in discuises and hang out in the mall, and the youth group gets to find them. Here are some pictures of a few of us that dressed up. There were two other guys who played very convincing bums, but they had taken off their outfits before we could get a group shot.


I also wanted to get a good picture of Micah in his Halloween outfit, and then a few of the kids trick-or-treating. Micah wanted to be Mace Windu this year. (I didn't know who it was either.) He is a Star Wars Jedi. We couldn't find a convincing, or cheap, costume. So the brown 'tunic' underneath is from the Bible character costumes at the church. And the cape .... well that was interesting. When we moved into our new place Aslynn's bedroom had black curtains hanging in it. I think we all know that black is NOT Aslynn's color. But they worked great to cut apart and turn into a cape. I copied a pattern I found online and had a few small problems due to the fact that it was not a real pattern. The sleeves and the hood actually got sewed on wrong, but it still looks okay, and most people can't tell. I think that Micah looks great in it.

 







Then last week one of the ladies of the church hosted a Christmas cupcake decorating night. She had two ladies from one of the stores in town come in and do a demo on different types of decorating, how to use different tips, how to mix colors. Basically a short intro to cake decorating. Then we got to play around and create cupcakes based on her design, or make up our own. The ladies who did the course are certified instructors for Wilton, and teach cake decorating coursed here in Spruce Grove. When I showed up at the church I was surprised to find between 50 & 60 ladies there. It was a fun night & I thought that you might like to see some of my cupcake creations.


I was also pretty sure that we had not posted picture of the kids rooms since we finished painting them.
So, the boys room:


And Aslynn's room: (or the pink room)





1 comment:

Carmen said...

Great job on Micah's costume! I still can't get over how... well, pink... Aslynn's room is. What a girl.