Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Skipping AWANA

I believe in supporting our church. So even though the church 5 steps behind our house has a kids club, we eat early on Wednesday nights and rush like crazy to get out the door in time and drive 15 minutes to get to AWANA. It always feels a little insane. And we also know that our children will  get to bed late that night, which doesn't help the next day, especially when Aslynn has a full day of school on Thursday.
Tonight with the after school moods that came into our house we decided that certain children needed to go to bed on time. So we are skipping AWANA. And to tell you the truth I'm glad. Judah and Aslynn are playing together downstairs without fighting, Micah is folding paper airplanes at the table, the bath tub is running, and I'm feeling so much less stressed right now. It feels quiet and peaceful in here and hopefully the kids will take that mood to bed with them and have a good sleep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for the same thing!!
Joy

Marcy Payne said...

So you go to a different club than your church? Can I ask why? I have pulled a child out of club b/c it was too much on two occasions. I know what's best for my kid and don't apologize for it. I'm glad you did what was best. Sometimes we just need to slow it down and keep the peace. Kudos

Faith and Mark said...

No we go to club at our church. We live right behind the Alliance church, which would be easier to go to for clubs, but we're trying to be good pastor people and support our own church.

Marcy Payne said...

Ah. I understand! Sorry. This ol' brain is slow at times.