Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Lego Factory


Micah received three sets of Lego for his birthday and bought another two sets with the money he received. This made Judah and Aslynn slightly jealous. Aslynn never had any Lego sets of her own (she's never asked for any), and Judah had one simple request: he wanted his Lego tow truck reassembled. So being the good parents we are, we found instructions (or in is words, 'constructions') and then dumped out the Lego bin trying to find the right pieces. Fortunately for us, the majority of the pieces were orange. Unfortunately, there were a lot of other pieces and trying to separate out all of the pieces we needed was difficult to say the least. In the end, Faith made her way through it by substituting a few different pieces.

















Next she built a mini creator set that was construction equipment. Again, in the sea of pieces, it was difficult to find everything she needed. It was at about this point that I returned home to find the Lego strewn across the living room and Faith finishing up her latest feat. She had been finding instructions online at http://instructions.theplasticbrick.com/ and a few other sites because many of the manuals had gone missing. I started on Lotso's Dump Truck from Toy Story.
















Eventually we separated the bricks into colours so we could find things more easily. It hardly seemed to help, but I'm sure it did. As we built things, it became more difficult to find pieces that worked. We also discovered some pieces from other sets we had already assembled, so we partially disassembled them to reassemble them correctly. In the end, there were ten full sets build from scratch with a few substitutionary molecules from other sets. Some were a real pain. I actually dug through the vents to find critical pieces that were missing - and found some. Micah searched his room after I combed through it because at one point I was missing an entire half of a set.



 

No comments: